Thursday, October 30, 2008

Woohooo...I finished all costumes!!

I love this feeling, I actually got both costumes finished (with a day to spare!) and they look awesome!

I even managed to take some before pics of the clothes that I altered for the pirate costume. I started with a plain white shirt, striped pants (hard to see in the picture but they are laying under the white shirt), and a suede skirt, and a hat that I already pre-made.




I cut out a basic vest shape from the skirt and added some gold buttons from my stash. The pants I had to take in a bit to get the right size, added some patches to the front of then snipped the bottoms with pinking shears. Oh and I even made a little eye patch from some of the scrap skull ribbon (used for patches) and felt. Think we need to add a belt and we are finished!





And finally my daughters dress, love how it turned out!!!! We added some red tulle to the skirt to give it a little funkiness and make it pop, and the tights just finish it off perfectly. Made from a pattern, with a few minor tweaks.:0)

4 comments:

Pam said...

That is AWESOME!!!! I love both of the costumes!

Stacey said...

So adorable! Happy Halloween, looks like you're going to have a great one!!

Miranda said...

Thank you both so much!
This is the first year I made whole costumes for them, so it was really fun!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Really cute, so much nicer than store bought ! Happy Halloween !